1/27/12

Sesame Honey Candies

As I sit here typing, I'm having to lick the yummy sweetness from the Sesame Honey Candies I just made, off my fingers!

OK, if you want a health, nutritious and WAY YUMMY snack, this is about as easy as it gets.

Originally from Greece, these tasty little pieces of heaven have always been a favorite of my kids. Now we are going to be making them regularly. In addition to the yum factor, these guys really are healthy. If you can limit yourself.

Sesame Honey Candies

1 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup honey
small pinch of salt
Olive oil

Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. I also oiled my foil for easier removal.

Toast the sesame seeds in a large pan until they are nicely browned. They will dance around in the pan a little, so higher sides are better! Sprinkle your pinch of salt over the sesame seeds and then pour your honey in. It will do it's own dance because the seeds and pan are hot. Stir consistently for 1 minute. Removed from heat and pour onto your oiled foil.

Remember - this is like working with sugar and it gets EXTREMELY hot. Let it cool a bit and then score with an oiled knife into what ever shape you like. I did mine in small rectangles. Let cool completely before you eat. You can store these in an airtight container. Yeah, right. Like there will be any left to store.

Now on to make some to send off to my oldest! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. OK. Just made these with an added cup of finely chopped almonds and a handful of walnuts. Increased the sesame seeds to 1 1/2 cup and a shy cup of honey. A.MAZ.ING.

    ReplyDelete