11/26/11

Leftover Turkey Stuffing Cups

Leftovers. I always try to do something a little different with leftovers but nothing I can think of is quite so simple as well as so much fun as turkey stuffing cups. 

I wish I had a photo of them, but being on the road, not only do we not have leftovers, I don't have any photos of last years dinner!

Hopefully, you can imagine what these look like as I give you some directions. 

These measurements are approximate. Use what you have.
Mix 3-4 c. mashed potatoes with 2 beaten eggs
Add 4-5 c. stuffing/dressing,
1-2 c. small diced or shredded turkey
1-2 c. gravy, start with less and add more as needed
1/2 c. craisins, optional
Mix all this together with a large spoon until all ingredients are well incorporated. It should be pretty moist.
Here's the fun part: you're going to take your muffin pans out and spray each cup well with non-stick spray. grab a handful of the mix, shape it into a ball and gently place it in the cup. Do so with all the leftover mix. 

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170 degrees.

Serve hot with a side of cranberry sauce and extra gravy if you have some. This is such a huge hit in our home that we plan for extras! I make enough to freeze some to enjoy through the Christmas season as an easy dinner.

Give them a try and let me know what you think. Any other leftover suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment