1/1/11

The Blog is Getting BUSY and Resolution No. 2


2011

Happy New Year! You've probably noticed the blog has had a lot more activity lately. For those of you who are new, I used to be lucky to get a couple posts a month in. Seriously. I like to play outside. When it's warm. So this really is the best time of year for me to get better at blogging.
Spending time with my ponies

One of my gal pals though suggested I add more to the blog. About farm living. Recipes from the kitchen. Activities we do. I always thought of it as more of a way to let people know what kind of events we had coming up or things we are looking to sell. No one wants to know about our "farm living". But, I thought, sure, this is a good time of year to give it a try.

spending time with my students
Wow! You have impressed and encouraged me. I've gotten notes from more people than I ever would have expected. And from all across the country, not just here in my "backyard".
spending time watching  my kids grow

So I have. And it's been fun sharing. It has forced me to write down some of my recipes, instead of just a little of this and a little of that. Which is normally how I cook. By the way, if something needs to be tweeked, I do that on the recipe before you get it.  It also gives ME a place to go back to and find a recipe (yes, I've already done that!) instead of asking myself, "What did I put in there last time?" Yes, I do talk to myself.
spending time with family

This blog is as much for you as it is for me. What do you think? Too much? What do you want to know about life on the farm? More recipes and meal ideas? Using your garden - or how to start one? Farm animals? Farm children (kind of in the same group as the animals some days :-) )? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment