12/20/10

Winter

While I've never been a big fan of winter - the cold seems to zap my energy, attacks my arthritis and I feel like hibernating - there are some things I truly love.
Garden d'Lights in Bellevue

Snow covered, evergreen trees.
Ponies playing (and eating) in the snow.
Pigs playing in mud - oh how they love that.
Christmas Eve services.
Christmas.
Christmas lights, decorations and music.
Seeing The Nutcracker.
Spending time with family and friends.
Caroling.
BAKING!
Sharing the baked goods.
Bellevue's Snowflake Lane.
Being silly. Or at least sillier. 
Hot chocolate.
Real apple cider.
Driving around with the kids all bundled up in their jammies with cups of hot cocoa, looking at Christmas lights.
Wrapping presents.
Opening presents.
Surprises.
This is just a start. I think I will keep adding to it, as writing it down makes me happy. What about you? What are your favorite parts of winter?

One of the best parts of winter though is December 21st (or 22nd) when Winter Solstice appears and the days start to get longer. Little by little, we have more sun. Can you hear the excitement in my voice? If you are like me and are excited about those longer days coming, try writing a list. It really does improve your mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment